Locations Feature Page - Churches, cont'd: Parish Churches Gallery Page
Below is an A-Z of 20 parish churches, mainly built [or rebuilt] in the 18-19th C, with a few that survived the 17C religious wars, perhaps due to their remoteness.

Note: Some of the images below are screenshots from films which have used the church as a location. The German titles are Rosamunde Pilcher romantic dramas made for German state tv ZDF as Sunday-eve telefilms.
Above: Amesbury parish church, Wiltshire

Bere Regis, Central Dorset

Bothenhampton Church, W Dorset

Above: Brook Church, IOW, as it appeared in Flügel der Hoffnung

Cerne parish church, W Dorset, as it appeared in Brandy For The Parson, 1952

Childe Okeford, W Dorset

Chalbury, E Dorset

Cranborne, E Dorset

Damerham Church, E Dorset

Fordingbridge Catholic Church, Avon Valley

Gussage All Saints, E Dorset

Holdenhurst, Bournemouth

Horton, E Dorset

Loders Church, W Dorset

Lytchett Minster, E Dorset

Minstead, New Forest

St Peters, Parkstone, Poole

St James, Poole


Reforne, Portland

Above: the now-redundant St George's Reforne, Portland, built in the 18C, supposedly under the influence of local MP and architect Sir Christopher Wren, with an extensive graveyard of over 400 graves, many of sailors once based at local harbours. It appeared in the 1963 Joseph Losey film The Damned.


Whitsbury, New Forest, as it appeared [mouse over photo] in the 1997 Hardy adaptation The Woodlanders

St. Christopher's Church, Winfrith Newbrugh, Central Dorset as it appeared in Im Licht des Feuers
Top   South Central MediaScene HomePage    Email Us